Our Governors strongly support staff having access to outstanding professional development experts, so that they can be outstanding. That's why we have found experts who have proven success at helping staff at every level. In AJS we have invested heavily in having the very best people in school working alongside us to develop our expertise and tackling our whole school agendas for improvement as supportively and effectively as possible. We are driven to ensure excellence and are proactive in finding new ways to ensure our children make outstanding progress. This makes for an exciting learning environment.
Experts working alongside staff 2011-12
- Our former SIP, an experience headteacher working as a consultant and performance management assessor across the school. She is working with our NQT, SMT and individuals addressing a variety of needs and development opportunities.
- An Educational Psychologist helping some individual pupils and parents but significantly addressing how we enable children to learn and optimise their progress.
- In our writing project - January to Feb 2012(just 6 weeks), children improved their correct sentence output by an average of 900% with the help of creative staff input and our EP's project.
- Maths expert and former adviser from RUT helping us achieve staggering progress in maths.
- Literacy expert refined and focused whole school improvement in Guided Reading. A senior primary adviser commented on the outstanding practice she observed in a visit in March 2012.
- Former senior SEN adviser helping us review our SEN delivery in line with the Green Paper
- Maths consultant based in school, supporting teachers in class and beyond three days a week since September 2011.
In addition to this, courses, visits to other schools to benefit from good practice in London Borough of Hounslow and individual coaching and mentoring sessions enable staff to access outstanding professional development opportunities in our school. Upon joining our team these opportunities will be extended to you.